Welcome to your new Drupal website!
Please follow these steps to set up and start using your website:
- Configure your website Once logged in, visit the administration section, where you can customize and configure all aspects of your website.
- Enable additional functionality Next, visit the module list and enable features which suit your specific needs. You can find additional modules in the Drupal modules download section.
- Customize your website design To change the "look and feel" of your website, visit the themes section. You may choose from one of the included themes or download additional themes from the Drupal themes download section.
- Start posting content Finally, you can create content for your website. This message will disappear once you have promoted a post to the front page.
Welcome to Rosy Mound
Welcome to Rosy Mound Elementary School. Nestled along the shore of Lake Michigan and adjacent to The Rosy Mound Nature Trail, our school is in an idyllic location for learning. We pride ourselves on our passion for learning. At Rosy Mound, every member of our community is a learner, from student to staff to parent.
While we are a community school, we also welcome many other students from throughout our district and surrounding communities. We serve approximately 320 students from grades Young 5 through fourth grade. Academically, our students achieve at high levels on state and local tests. Our exceptional staff and teachers constantly learn new methods to engage students in the learning process. With the support of the recently passed bond, they do this in an environment that is rich with technology resources. Arts education is highly emphasized in our school. Our walls echo with the music of students and are adorned with their artwork. Parents and community are highly involved in the education of our children, working as partners in the learning process.
If you are currently a member of our learning community, thank you for visiting our website. If you are thinking about joining us, please stop by for a visit. We would love to give you a tour.
News and Information
Rosy Mound has begun implementing "The Leader In Me" process. This nationally recognized program is based on Stephen Covey's "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." It has been translated into language that is meaningful to children. We believe that through this process, we will be able to more fully engage not only our students but our entire learning community. Stay tuned for more news as this process begins to roll out.
- Rosy Mound has been recognized as a Rewards School for being in the top 5% of the state in achievement.
- Math scores have increased at every grade level for the past three years. Third grade was at 70% and Fourth grade was at 79% of students proficient, the highest percentage of proficient students in the district.
- Third, fourth grade reading scores have increased every year since 2008 based on the new cut scores. We are currently at 89% of our students proficient in 3rd grade, 99% proficient in fourth grade both of which are among the highest percent in the district.